We know it is good to receive, and we have been blessed by receiving not only as children, but also as adults. Yet Jesus taught that it is more blessed to give than to receive (Acts 20:35), and part of growing up is learning the art of giving. If we fail to learn this art, we will live unfulfilled lives, and in the end, chains of bondage will replace the bonds that keep our communities together. If we just keep taking or even trading, we will squander ourselves. If we give, we will regain ourselves as fulfilled individuals and flourishing communities.
– Miroslav Volf, Free of Charge: Giving and Forgiving in a Culture Stripped of Grace
If you feel led, we invite you to join us in the work of seeing the Kingdom of God on display in DC, in every life and every sphere of life, by giving to Christ City Church.
You can give in four ways:
- In person: Give at our weekly worship gatherings by check or cash. Offering baskets will come around toward the end of the service and you can put your donation in one of them. Please make checks payable to “Christ City Church.”
- By mail: You can mail your check, made payable to “Christ City Church,” to 1322B H Street NE, Washington, DC 20002.
- By text: Text any amount to 84321. The first time you do so, a link will be sent to you to set up a giving account. Once this is set up, you can text to give any time.
- Online: Give a one-time gift or set up a recurring donation via credit card or bank account here.